Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Last Day of. . .

. . .my last rotation as a fourth-year!!! Whoppeee!!! I'm so happy! I loved working with Dr.S, he was sooo laid-back and a really interesting conversationalist. He was one of those people that never seemed to run out of topics to talk about. But I admit the rotation itself was boring. I basically observed him the whole time without doing a thing! It's good I guess when I wanted a super-easy rotation and plus I always get something medical out of a rotation just because I have so much to learn. One of many of Dr.S's quirks is his love for Flamin' Hot Cheetos. He always had a bag on his desk, we had many Cheetos breaks. I should add he also has a gigantic bottle of anacids for those post-Cheeto binging heartburns!

So now I'm devoting the next week to studying for the Clinical Skills exam. I'm freakin' out and stressed about it. I shouldn't have gone to Studentdoctor.net and read about the experiences and rantings of all those who failed!! If I fail, I'll forfeit my actualized dream of starting intern year at Methodist!! Could fate be so cruel??!! I've enlisted hubby to practice with me by acting as the standardized patient. I have a feeling that he'll just make me laugh and lose my professionalism, but hey, I'm desperate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll do fine -- 98% pass, and those who don't usually have been told at some point in their schooling that they have some clinical skills deficits and/or communication skill problems. Just from one short post, I doubt that's you. And good work practicing with your husband. Even if he makes you laugh, keep at it a bit each day -- it will help you get used to the artificial feel of the CSE interviews. Good luck!

-- a person in this field

SummerSky said...

Thank you to "a person in this field." :)