Sunday, October 15, 2006

An October Weekend

Wow, it's really almost winter time. The hot October days (temp in the 90's) of last week have turned into a cold and wet weekend. It's been raining most of this Sunday today. Just reminded me again how I would hate to live in Seattle.

I'm glad this weekend is almost over. First, because it was drill weekend and second because hubby was not home. Drill weekend means early mornings and long days. I'm in the Texas Army National Guard Medical Command. Mornings are fine because we stay busy running soldiers through their physical exams. The afternoons, however, consist of torturous boredom of sitting around waiting to be dismissed. I really need to bring reading material next time!!

Paul had a much better weekend than I had. He went with his friend, Adrian, to a men's retreat titled "Men of Influence" in Tyler, Texas. Mountain biking, fishing, canoeing, and healthy dose of God's word. . .I think he had quite a bit of fun without me. One complaint he had, however, was the food. Poor guy, three days of burgers and casseroles were just too much for him. We celebrated his return tonight with dinner at Red Lobster's. Here are some pictures from Paul's trip:

Paul with Adrian at Pine Cove Christian Camp. Adrian's church (Stonbriar in Frisco) holds this men's retreat every year.

Hubby's new passion: mountain biking. Cement is not much of a challenge, though.




Tyler, two hours east of Dallas, is unlike any other place in Texas; it's known for tall pine trees, lush greenery, and beautiful roses.


I liked this picture the best out of Paul's collection, so serene and lovely. He can be quite the photographer!

1 comments:

Laurel said...

I agree - that last shot is very lovely. Makes me want to put up a hammock and laze around for a few hours.