Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Shopping Saturday

Paul dropped me off at the mall in Dallas today before he went to his badminton games. I felt the itch to go shopping this weekend. My goal is to catch the winter sales and stock up on clinical attire for my intern year as I don't plan to have shopping time as an intern. I'd say it was goal accomplished! The one question going through my mind shopping today was, "will this look good with my white coat?" I avoided the teenager stores (Forever 21, etc.) and junior sections as not to be tempted to buy cute tees or more jeans. I have enough of those things and since I spend 90% of my time wearing "work clothes," it's where I need to invest my shopping money from now on. Here are some of the "harvests" from NY&Co, Ann Taylor's and Macy's.


My first cowl neck sweater. Many turtleneck sweaters were on sale, too but they usually make me feel too hot indoors so I didn't buy any.

The traditional striped dress shirt. I'v got several already in various colors and stripped patterns. They are a staple to my wordrobe since they are wearable for the hot summer months and the winter time.

Adding some pizazz to my line of boring khaki/black only pants. From L to R, grey pin stripped, light brown plaid, and "wool-like" cotton pants.


And finally, no nonsense pumps with a touch of heel. This is about as high as I can go with heels walking all day in the clinic/hospital. I wish I could wear the tall stilettos and high-heeled ankle boots I see some female residents wear but my feet just won't allow it for longer than a couple of hours. Even with these small heels, I have to alternate the days with wearing my super-comfy-almost-orthopedic-yet-dressy shoes. Ahh, fashion comes with a high price! I pick comfort over fashion, though when it comes to work.



0 comments: