Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Life in the New Year...so far





Started work today at another new hospital/clinic, Methodist Charlton. I'm striving to make a good impression since I'm interviewing there soon. This is the month of interviews, I have four in total. Finally managed to zip up my black suit skirt, but definitely not as "skinny" as I was in college. I only wore the suit once for medical school interview, so I wasn't about to waste money to buy another one, so tight it's going to have to be. Hmm, I should really get back to aerobics. If I was a resolution-maker, this would be on my list. Another item would be to get enough sleep! No matter what I do, it seems like I always have to wake up too early!

We learned from our little experiment of keeping Kitty indoors for 4 days (while we went back to Arkansas) that she is a little psycho! She bit small patches of her own fur off, leaving small areas of bare pink skin! Not only that, the inside of her front legs are also missing fur! Remember she has a near-bare belly from licking! She's asking for another trip to the vet not that either one of us is looking forward to that. Can I even ask for a day off to take my cat to the vet? "Yes, my cat is sick because she has psychogenic licking or feline form of trichlomania." What is going on with this cat? Even though I know there is such a service, but I stop my pet-lovingness at taking her to a pet psychologist. She is one high-strung cat or really didn't like staying home alone. Well, other than that, she seems to be doing well now that we are back. She's still my cutie Kitty! She's also appreciating going outside for her potty time again.

On another note, hubby had one of his famous nightmares the other night. He relishes in telling me about them in the morning and I like hearing about them since my dreams are so incredibly mundane; his nightmares range from the bizzare to the scary to the fantastical. I should really help him start a journal of his many nightmares/dreams. Well, he dreamed that I took in a litter of orphaned baby mice because I couldn't bare seeing them die. Soon, they grew and multiplied until some were attacking and biting him all over and then he woke up. Ha ha!! In reality, I would never take in a litter of mice and even if I did, Kitty wouldn't let them last long. Yes, she's a mouser.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

So I guess Kitty wasn't locked in your room while you were gone? Good.

SummerSky said...

Thank goodness no, she would be dead by now!