Sunday, January 28, 2007

Helplessness

Hubby said that Kitty followed him into the bathroom this morning and after his shower, Kitty jumped into the bathtub and started to drink the bath water! She's never done that before! In fact, she hates the bathtub due to her profound dislike of baths.

Later that morning when I was feeding Kitty, I realized her water bowl is not there! I had put it on the counter yesterday and forgot to put it back on the floor for her! Kitty must have been so thirsty to be drinking bath water! Bad mommy me for overlooking this.

I realize just how helpless cats are, and how much they are at the mercy of their people and humans in general. It's not like they can communicate their needs verbally, and certainly can't take money to get themselves food if they are hungry. Sounds like babies, doesn't it? In the words of a friend, "dogs and cats are like little children that never grow up."

0 comments: