Thursday, August 7, 2008

How to wear a red belt

I bought this wide red pleather belt last year in the hope to match a black and white polka dotted dress. Well, the belt was too long and the excess material looked bad and I no longer have that black polka dot dress. I was resigned to thinking that this belt is one of those "bad purchases" that'll just retire in the abyss of my closet." BUT, I was looking through Kasmira's blog and she had a post about how to wear just such a excessively long pleather belt like mine!! All I had to do was to take the excess length and feed it through the buckle again in the opposite direction. The result is a uber-cute bow! This is ingenious, wish I was that creative. Take a look:


Red belt with old pieces from my closet. With a hint of 1920's chicness given a modern twist.

A red and white flowery dress. This was a $6 dollar dress because it was missing the orignal waist band/belt it came with but otherwise was in good condition. The dress was a little too big but the belt brings it in. The skirt part is really full and has a second layer. Not shabby for $6, the belt costed more!

Blue plaid dress. Another $6-ish dress. It was also missing it's orginal belt (I know b/c of the empty belt loops). I'm sure it was an older item that the store just couldn't sale, hence the big discount. But these are dresses that will never go out of style. I really like the length of this dress, not too short, not too long and plaid is always a fashion favorite.


Same dress with a grey cardigan and those silver Arturo Chiang shoes. Somewhat of a 60's look?
~

I do love a good deal but yes, it's rare to find such good fitting dresses for so less on the sales rack. I think they were considered damaged goods (belts missing and old items) but they were my treasures to be found. :)

1 comments:

Kasmira said...

The belt looks great with these outfits! I'm glad I could help you out. :)