Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Let's Talk Shop


Last night, I drove to UPS and fetched my shoes. They are clogs, really, Dansko brand. Many medical students and other medical professions swear by them for their comfort during those long hospital shifts. I like them because they go with scrubs during call nights but they also go with regular professional pants on the days I need to wear clinical attire without the bother of uncomfortable heels. I bought two pairs, black and a reddish-brown color. They are normally $120/pair but I found a super deal at www.clogscentral.com for $98/pair plus free gift and free shipping. So far, I've been trying them on around the apartment. They are a little higher heeled than I thought "comfy" shoes would be, but hey, any boost to my height is appreciated. Hubby thought they were funny-looking, yes, they do have a bit of clownishness to them, but they are all the rave in the hospitals.
Another bit of shopping news, I went to the first day of Victoria Secret's Semi-Annual Sale yesterday. I was just 30 minutes short of being the first customers to pick at the circular troughs of bras and panties. By the nature of staying home, I can be in the know of such things as semi-annual sales, etc. Usually, I chance up VS's semi-annual sale towards the middle and end when all the good stuff is gone. But actually, I didn't end up spending hundreds of dollars at VS like I feared. Ha, their real "secret" is that their bras aren't always better, in my opinion. I have a Hanes bra equally comfy and much more reasonably priced. Also, the panties there are on sale for $3.99 to $7.50 per one?! Umm, no thanks, I'll buy mine bulk at Target. I just can't imagine spending $4 per panty?! Okay, okay, that's just me and maybe one day I'll promote myself to VS panty status, but right now I'm happy with who I am. I did buy four nice bras at VS, though.

0 comments: