Friday, June 22, 2007

Computer Clutz

My procrastinating nature reached its zenith with our laptop.

For months, an omnious warning sign comes up the screen everytime I turn the laptop on and its battery won't charge so running on plug-in power only. Since I'm the free and stay-at-home one for the last few months, I was charged with the task of getting it fixed. So months have gone by, I still hadn't done anything about it. "Call Dell", "Fix computer", etc. have had regular appearances on my to-do lists. My days would start with good intentions, but alas, something always come up or I pull-out the good old excuse, "I'll do it tomorrow." Today, I woke up and realized I couldn't live with myself any longer until this problem gets fixed.

As soon as I started, I knew why I had dreaded so long to do this. I logged onto http://www.dell.com/, and attempted to chat with a technical support geek (sorry, person). I got stumped by the first question: "What is your operating system? Windows Vista or others?" I don't know. . .then the conversation went on to about power AC adapters. hmm, what's that, I wondered?? It was a terribly feeling, not knowing what the heck is going on. Finally, I talked to a nice fellow in India who told me the power AC adapter needs to be replaced and since the laptop is still under warranty, I should get one in the mail in the next two days. Oh, thank God, it was easy as a phone call. And now I know the power AC adapter is just the black plug-in cord that connects my laptop to the wall. Why didn't they just say so??!

0 comments: