Monday, February 19, 2007

Cats, Dogs, and Endorphins

What a beautiful day today is! Basking in sunshine, I was able to jog in a T-shirt and shorts this afternoon. You know how people say that after you've been running a while, you body releases a shot of endorphins that gives you a "running high"? Well, I want to know " where are my endorphins??!" Unlike those mythical runners who get high, I have to work for every second of my jogging!

Aside from endorphins, I felt like I was missing somthing else crucial while running. A dog!! I'd so love to have a leash in my hand, along with my key and iPod! If I had a dog, I might not even miss endorphins. I think a dog would be the best jogging companion. No worries about whether he/she is bored, no pressure to chit chat, no question about who will set the pace, and rain or shine, a dog will always agree to go for a walk or run with you. I fell in love with a specific breed of dog, the maltipoo, some time ago but I have been debating back and forth whether to get one or not. Maltipoo is a maltese and poodle mix, it's actually not considered a true breed, rather a designer dog. They have the cutest teddy bear face, although some will look more poodle or more maltese than a mixture. For many reasons it's not practical for us to get a dog right now, but I can dream, can't I?





Look at that cute teddy bear face!!


Jessica Simpson and her maltipoo, Daisy, the most famous maltipoo in the world, I'm sure

A less famous cutie of the non-canine variety. I'm also pretty sure torby (tortoiseshell and tabby mix) is not a designer breed!











No matter what fancy toys we get for kitty, she always manages to find fun in unlikely things, here it's the string from hubby's robe. Kitty, for now you are our only furbaby, aren't you lucky?

0 comments: