Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tuesday Cooking

With continous Christmas music streaming from the radio in the background, I cooked for several hours non-stop today. I was in the mood, I guess, and eager to cross off a to-do item on my list, ;) Here's what I have to show for it.



1. Wonton Soup. Felt motivated to make this. I used the same filling recipe as in dumplings: pork, Chinese cabbage, and shrimp chunks.

Wonton Soup. Wola! Soup base consists of chicken broth, whole shrimps, green veggies, ginger, cilantro and green onions.


2. Guacamole. One of my favorite things! The avocados were still a little too hard, so it came out clumpy instead of creamy, oh well.


3. Fish Stew. Main ingredients: flounder, various veggies, oregano, basil, and white cooking wine. I added a chicken boullion, too. It's just combine and slow cook in crockpot.


Fish Stew, cooked4 hours later. Hmm, not what I expected. The flounder fish chunks just disappeared, as if they were blown into smithereens the size of minced garlic. Oh well, it ended up being an okay "veggie soup."



4. Apple Crumbles. Nice recipe! Ingredients include apples, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, butter, and nutmeg. It was simple, delicious, and relatively nutritious for a dessert. Best with vanilla ice cream! I haven't perfected it good enough to bring to someone's house or a potluck, though. This recipe is from a blog of a friend's friend. See http://provenrecipes.blogspot.com/

It's leftover time for the next few days.

0 comments: