Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yay or Nay?

I love layering, color schemes, and putting together the old with the new.

Some cute finds today. A pair of cute red and white striped flats, a pair of Rocketdog shoes (casual but with heels!), and a sparkly yellow scarf.

A $3 dollor dress, no joke! Not sure if the shoes match, but I can atleast wear the dress as a comfy house dress.

Close-up of my new flats. I liked it immediately when I saw it but I don't yet know what to wear with it. I admire these Asian fashionistas who manage to put together an outfit with a rainbow of colors that somehow all fit. I don't have that talent, yet.


Not too imaginative of an outfit, but the shoes add a cutesy flair.

So, here's to my love affair with tights. A grey tunic dress with those grey Rocketdog shoes. Asian girls are so good about wearing everything with tights, I'm just catching on.

Same outfit with a dressy coat that I bought from Taiwan last year.

Brown bubble dress with brown tights and brown ballerina flats. Yeah, the color scheme is not really exciting. I like the dress despite that it's a little youngish and shape-less looking.

With a brown cardigan for layering.

Halter tops are great, stylish with a touch of formal but not too showy. This is one in eggplant color. I'm thinking about taking it back to exchange for a turquoise one since turquoise will match my white jeans. But perhaps I'll just get two since it's only $7 each.


I also like the back detail of the tied bow.

I had a shirt like this as a child, my mom called it "bat wing" shirt. And here's my new white jeans from Express.


Because yellow and black looks good with white.

What do you think of this long cardigan on this outfit, yay or nay? I finally get to do something with these jewlry.

Grey tops go really well with white jeans.

I love it when I pull out different pieces of clothing in my closet and start experimenting. What do you think of this result? Yay or nay?

A close-up. A flower necklace I bought on sale while back.

Perhaps it's an okay outfit. Hubby didn't like the boots, but I was like, "this outfit is all about the boots!"

Yay or nay? I say "nay", the top is a tad too short, it's suppose to be a shirt to wear with jeans.

"Frumpy" comes to mind, but even frumpy can be fashionable when done the right way. I don't know if this is more frump or more fashion, but either way, I know it's a quite comfortable outfit so perhaps it doesn't matter.

With my warm boots if the weather drops a few more degrees. I'm looking forward to cozy fall weather already.
And this concludes another look "Inside My Closet.":)

2 comments:

Laurel said...

For what it's worth (from this non-fashion girl): I love the striped shoes (would be cute with a cat in the hat shirt too), the white jeans, and the halter top. I would say the last outfit is a bit frumpy but sometimes it's hard to tell since I can't see your head.

I have decided I seriously need to do a major shopping trip with you. I should save my clothes money for 6 months and come down there with a little pot and spend a whole day with you.

My black and white swim suit that we bought together in the spring was stolen from HPER! Well, it was my fault for forgetting it in the shower area - but somebody could have turned it in!! Oh well, good thing I bought two I guess.

SummerSky said...

Laurel, I'd love to have a whole day shopping with you, let's do it!:) What's a "cat in the hat" shirt? So sorry to hear your swimsuit got stolen, the nerve of some people!!