Friday, July 25, 2008

Mixin' and Matchin'

Do you ever look in your closest and say to yourself, "I have nothing to wear!" It must be an universal experience for girls. Well, I've decided I'm going to prove myself wrong next time I feel that way. . .with photo documentation of outfits mixed and matched right out of my closet! Also, this helps me remember what top goes with what bottoms, which I can easily forget and so I end up wearing just two outfits the whole summer. Or sometimes, I end up wearing something outside only to realize later the outfit totally didn't work, then it's just regrets, regrets, which is very unfashionable. I dream of one day having a huge walk-in-closet and on the wall, a cork board full of Polaroid shots of different outfits, then it'd be no more, "I have nothing to wear!" Yep, that's how a fashionista roll, or rather just how a scatter-brained girl stay organized. And lastly, maybe this photo-documentation of my outfits will deter my next shopping binge. . .umm, nahh.




The mini skirt outfit. With my fave black tee this season, seriously, it looks good with every jean/shorts! I like these sandles, too. The mini skirt is not suitable for the conservative crowd, though.




I had to have a pair of white pants, don't you love the look of black stilettos with pants? The white purse is a no-go, a sleek black purse would look better.


Ah ha! A place for my white handbag. Super fun and funky top, is it called a muffin top? --I like how the stretchy waistband hides my tummy. W/ white pants and gold/silver strappy sandles.




Here's my super versatile black tee with my skinny jeans and those cute gladiator-ish sandles. Here's the secret: the cinched bottom of the shirt hides my tummy! Hubby doesn't like the sandles but think the rest of the outfit is simple and stylish, which is more to his taste than the more "adventuous" and colorful otufits here.




I'm trying to incorporate more scarves into my outfits. I was inspired by the Californians I saw on our recent trip, then again, the San Francisco weather lends well to scarves. Also, I want to wear more of these boots, just didn't know how until now.



More laid back Texan style: Something I can just throw on and go.



A casual cool outfit with my other skinny jeans. The outfit would be perfect if only my heather grey cardigan sweater is a little longer. Also, you can't tell how much I'm holding in my tummy in the pic, but I am, gotta lose the bulge before I can wear this Mickey Mouse tee.



Finding new ways to use my new red handbag, which is becoming so versatile, I love it. Also, I dug out this barely worn top and red shoes from my closet.



Another fave summer 2008 outfit b/c it's another throw-on-and-go outfit that's more formal than most. I wore this recently, out to lunch with Paul's school friend and his new wife.




Wore this outfit to San Fran, just wanna document it here so I don't forget it. I'm still very much smitten by the whole footless-tights-wore-under-a-dress phenomenon, but I can't find cute dresses to go with the tights. Only if there were more Asian styles here in Texas.



Another outfit with a scarf. I think the colors match rather nicely, but I could be wrong. Hubby again, does not like the scarf thing but I wore this to the library recently and the scarf saved my cold shoulders from the blasting AC (while it was 103 degrees outside, mind you.) Californians could soo wear this outside. My BFF Shoreh knows what I'm talking about!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're be surprised that even guys would say so... hahha... not to mention names!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Really a nice collection..! These dresses are fabulous. Looking awesome.