Friday, June 13, 2008

I Love Pandas

Who ever thought watching a Blockbuster movie would bring me so much pleasure. . .I guess it's been a while since I watched a movie, not that I deny myself much because I'm not nearly the deprived-hardworking-feel-sorry-for-me person I oughta be. Just today, I spend hours googling pandas and watching Youtube videos of these other-worldly creatures. I decided I must trek to Chengdu one day and hug a panda. For a small fee ($150 for 5 min), I can touch and hold a panda! Thank goodness the open-minded Chinese havent' sided with the oh-too-sensitive Australians who recently decided that koala bears can no longer receive hugs from their human admirerers due to excessive psychological stress to the cuddly bears. Yes, one day, I shall hug a baby panda. . .okay, I digress.



I enjoy the whole ritual of a home DVD rental, putting on jammies ('cause you can wear that at a BB's), driving to the neighborhood Blockbuster with the dog in toll, browsing through aisles of filmography until one strikes my fancy, brining it home like a little prize, popping it in, then curl up, relax, anticipate and enjoy.



Yes, it's the little (DVD) and giant (panda) things in life that make it worthwhile.

0 comments: