Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Finally, a Post

The iconic Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
OMG, has it been forever???! Since I blogged here, that is. I'm so excited to say that we are going to San Francisco in 2 weeks!!!! I've been dreaming of a vacation for sooooo long that hubby got tired of hearing me talking about it. My dream place is the beach, ideally Hawaii, then I decided I'd settle for Mexico. Cancun or Puerto Vallarta. Well, between the more-active-than-usual-hurricane-season, the travel alert of American kidnappings by Mexican drug lords, and finally the rise in airfare, I had to give up my dream. But, we are going to San Fransico, given the fact that David my brother-in-law will be there. He's summer-interning for Google.

No doubt I will have my dream beach vacation one day. Ohhh, I could almost feel the warm sand between my toes, the cold pina in my hand. . .oh well, maybe it's better that my rolly-polly self isn't on the Mexican beach since I could be caught in a hurricane or kidnapped by a mustached drug lord, right? No tankini and drinks on the beach but. . . I'll be watching fireworks over Pier 39 on the Fourth of July AND seeing my best bud, Shoreh at Stanford.

Speaking of my rolly-polly self, I've been wearning scrubs for so long, I've forgotten what it's like to wear regular pants. I might never want to give up the pajammy comfy-ness of scrub pants for my jeans, not that I'm sure I can fit into jeans anymore.

Yes, I just got off a month in the CCU (Critical Care Unit). It was great and horrible all at the same time. The exharilation of adrenaline rushing through my veins as epinephrine is running the veins of a cardiac arrested patient during a code blue. The almost intolerable early wee hours as I curse my life in the mornings only to be set straight by the loss of lives on sick beds. The tears of family members that never fail to bring a crack to my voice as I talk to them about withdrawing of life support. Making sense of the latest and coolest in hemodynamic monitoring, calling the shots in a cold blue situation, being stumped by triple acid-base disorders. That's my CCU month in a nutshell. Never a dull moment. But sometimes, I like the dull, I might even be a dull person by some standards, I like the quiet nothingness, no beepers going off, no ventilators alerting an alarm. . .

Now I'm on to ER rotation, much more laid back, believe it or not, but I'm still wearing scrubs.

1 comments:

Laurel said...

have fun in san fran!