Thursday, November 30, 2006

Weather Rules!

Wintery weather arrived at Dallas this morning! The resident I'm working with said I didn't have to come in if I felt driving was dangerous. Well, the major highway I take into Dallas was closed down for hours due to a major accident and the weather report predicts further drop in temperature into the 20's. Soooo, I stayed home! Here's a pictorial rendition of my day:

View from our back porch. None of the snow stuck on the road, as hubby had an easy time driving to work at around 10am. I'm glad for his early return home at around 3:30pm since the commute weather worsened signifcantly and caused over a hundred crashes, per the news.

Can you imagine that the we had high 70's weather just earlier this week!


I had some fun with kitty. I have a goal of taking a good picture of her. Her eyes are always closed (due to camera flash) or she's in a boring sleeping position.


Whew, look at this mess of a kitchen!!

Another mess corner.


Aahh, much better.


I put Teddy and Totoro back in their place.

And finally, several loads of laundry....who doesn't love a warm load of laundry on a chilly day?


~~~~~~~

I also wrapped up several Christmas presents. Okay, confession time: I did take a short trip to the mall to return a couple of things and buy a chunky/wide belt to go with my wedding-attending outfit. I also bought hubby some gloves as he requested them. See, wasn't totally a selfish trip.

Found this belt at Burlington Coat Factory. It was perfect for my outfit.

I bought these matching gold jewlry yesterday at the hospital's annual jewlry sale. Profits go to a scholarship program.

That's it for my day!

0 comments: