Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hiro the Ominvore

I admit, I have been having fun feeding Hiro various non-dog foods. Not to mention that he seems to love it too. I just feel bad that his main sustenance consist of dried nibblets out of a paper bag. I mean, how natural of a diet is that for a dog? Over the summer, Hiro would devour watermelon with us everyday. Now that watermelon season is over, he's been crunching on apples and Asian pears every time I eat them. He also likes the occasional carrot, boiled eggs and cheese. In fact, he's got a sweet tooth so that makes most of the fruit family. He's not too much a vegetable guy but loves the really special occasion turkey leg bone and pork ankle bone. And our latest bon appetit adventure? Steamed acorn squash! I love it, too, so I'm going out to get some more.

0 comments: